The Lord's


This one will say, ‘I am the LORD'S,’ another will call on the name of Jacob, and another will write on his hand, ‘The LORD'S,’ and name himself by the name of Israel.” Isaiah 44:5 ESV

I wrote “The LORD'S” on my hand. What does it mean to be The LORD'S?

It means I belong to the One who says, “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god. Who is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and set it before me, since I appointed an ancient people. Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen. Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? And you are my witnesses! Is there a God besides me? There is no Rock; I know not any.” Isaiah 44:6b-8 ESV

It means I belong to the One who is the Truth.

It means that I am not my own.

It means God claims me.

It means I am not alone.

It means God is responsible for me (although I am accountable for my choices).

There is an awe to being The LORD'S. It is powerful and weighty. Declaring I am The LORD'S is a mighty statement. It means I do not have to fear or be afraid because He is.

I am The LORD'S.


from my journal 1/3/2022

Comments

Popular Posts